Sunday, November 24, 2013

Black Beauty; Kon-Tiki; Marathon Man

Black Beauty (film).  Dir. Caroline Thompson, 1994. From the 1877 novel by Anna Sewell.
Kon-Tiki (film).  Dir. Joachim Ronning, 2012.  From the 1948 book by Thor Heyerdahl.
Marathon Man (film).  Dir. John Schlesinger, 1976.  From the 1974 novel by William Goldman.

All three of these had been on my list for years, having read the books, or in the case of the Marathon Man, seen the film when I was young.


Black Beauty was thankfully faithful to the book, and well done.  Kon-Tiki was a bit too fictionalized for my liking, and I would have preferred more of the technical details of the raft building etc.  And Marathon Man was as gripping as the first time I saw it, except this time I understood it.  


Black Beauty: 3.5*
Kon-Tiki, Marathon Man: 3*
Nov 2013.

1 comment:

  1. First oof all I would like too say great blog! Ihad a quick question inn which I'd like too ask if
    you do not mind. I was interested too find outt how you center yourself
    and clear your head before writing. I have had trouble clearing my mind in getting my ideas out.

    I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to
    15 minutes tend to be lost simply just trying tto figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints?
    Kudos!

    Here is my page; website ()

    ReplyDelete